When your loved one is reaching the end of life, you want them to be treated with dignity and respect. At the Visiting Nurse Association of Hanover & Spring Grove, we provide services at home and in nursing homes for hospice care.
Our hospice team offers a combination of sensitivity and compassion with expert medical knowledge and skills.
Hospice Care Components Throughout Adams County
Our hospice team works closely with patients, their families, doctors and nursing home staff to ensure patients are receiving the proper level of hospice care based on their needs.
- Comfort for the Patient. Hospice care nurses evaluate and manage pain and symptoms in partnership with your loved one's physician. Our skilled nursing team coordinates a plan of care in consult with our hospice team's medical director and the primary care physician.
- Plenty Of Choices. Our hospice team prides itself on honoring patient wishes while also respecting family cultural values and beliefs. Our social workers help to facilitate decisions on difficult issues, including goals of care.
- An Outpouring of Support. Our team goes beyond just medical experts. Our staff includes social workers, spiritual counselors and bereavement coordinators to provide emotional support and counseling for the patient and family members during difficult times.
Hospice Care Can Help
The Visiting Nurse Association of Hanover & Spring Grove can help with hospice care for those individuals:
- Who have a terminal illness (we work with all types of illnesses)
- Who reside in nursing homes
- Who live alone
Contact the Visiting Nurse Association of Hanover & Spring Grove For Hospice Care
Reach out by phone at 717-637-1227 or 800-422-3197 to find out more information about our hospice care program and how we can help support and care for your senior loved one. After the initial contact, we'll set up a visit from a nurse or social worker so they can make a careful assessment of your loved one's hospice care needs.
Care for those with all types of terminal illnesses.
Care for those who reside in nursing homes
Care for those who live alone
Contact VNA of Hanover & Spring Grove Hospice
Step 1: Call us at 717-637-1227 or 1-800-422-3197. We will quickly answer your questions, explain our hospice program. With your approval we will contact your loved one’s physician to confirm the need for hospice care.
Step 2: Get an assessment. A hospice nurse or social worker will make a visit (within 24 hours when possible) to evaluate needs, set up an individualized plan of care, and initiate service.
Step 3: Learn about payment options. We will contact the patient’s insurance company to verify that coverage is available. Medicare, Medicaid, and most managed care and private insurance plans cover hospice care. Charity care is also available.
Hospice care for your loved one is available by VNA of Hanover and Spring Grove. We’ll visit and comfort your loved one in the areas including East Berlin, Gettysburg & Biglerville; Abbottstown & New Oxford, PA.